There Is One God
We believe in one God who is the Creator of heaven and earth (Gen 1:1); He is eternal, almighty, unchangeable, infinitely powerful, wise, just and holy. God exists in three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. These three are one God, each having the same nature, authority, power.
- “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: ” (Deuteronomy 6:4 )
- “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost :” (Matthew 28:19)
- “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. ” (1 John 5:7 )
Salvation – (Forgiveness, & Sanctification)
We believe in God’s plan of salvation. We all are born with a sin nature which we inherited from the first man, Adam. We can’t save ourselves. All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags.( Isaiah 64:6)
The second Adam, Jesus Christ, the Son of God who was without sin poured out his compassion on us. He suffered as a man, died and rose the third day, paying the price of sin for all those who come to him.
First we must repent of our sins and ask God to forgive us, trusting only in the merits of Jesus Christ for our forgiveness. Then we must be sanctified, raised in the Spirit to newness of life where our nature will be changed and we will no longer desire those things that would defile us and separate us from God. We die to sin and are raised in newness of life in Christ. Without holiness no one can see God. This change in our nature is the work of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. We are reborn. This is the gift of God..
- “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.” ( Romans 3:10 )
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. (Rom. 3:23-26 )
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” ( Isaiah 53:5)
- “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”(Romans 6:23)
- “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”(Roman 10:9-10)
- “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
The Bible Is The Inspired Word Of God
We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, written by holy men who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21). It is our guide for preaching, teaching and all we believe and do. We use the King James Bible as the most accurate English translation because it is taken from the preserved Hebrew (Masoretic) and Greek (Textus Receptus) texts.
- “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” (2 Timothy 3:16)
- “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart,” (Hebrews 4:12)
- “For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.” (I Thessalonians 2:13)